Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pedigree's "Heroes"

So I was just playing around on my computer with the TV on for background noise when the voice of one commercial caught my attention. I rewound my TiVo and saw it was an ad put out by Pedigree asking us to adopt a sheltered dog. With all of the euthanasia that's going on at the ASPCA in Newmarket, this ad hit my soft spot (background article here, and update article here).

The commercial, by TBWA\Chiat\Day, shows several wise dignified dogs sitting in their cages at the shelter while the voice states, "Shelter dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write - the ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a sheltered dog, adopt one."

I can't have a dog at my place, but now I wish I could. This is a gorgeous commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment