Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mercedes Benz' Brain

So I've got mixed feelings about these stunning Mercedes Benz ads by Shalmor Avnon Amichay/Y&R Interactive Tel Aviv, Israel.

The ads show a brain, with the left side being a sketch and the right side being colorful and interesting. Each side has a description of what that side of the brain does. Mercedes' logo is on the right side with the tagline "The best or nothing."

These ads are brilliant in appearance with absolutely amazing art direction. They not only immediately caught my attention but I just had to know what they were for.

From an idea perspective, however, I wonder if these ads are really going to help sell a car. While it's an interesting concept, I don't see the Mercedes brand as being extremely creative, and this ad could really be for anything if you just whipped another logo on it.

What do you think?

Click to make images larger


No comments:

Post a Comment