Monday, December 21, 2009

Bose SoundDock

DM9JaymeSyfu (yes, that's an agency name) has created a couple of interesting print Bose ads. At first glance, they're nothing special. Just an iPod on a dock centered in the middle of nothingness. "Hear More. SoundDock." is in the bottom right hand corner. I figured it was a little too simple - there had to be something more. When trying to analyze it, my first thought was - is the white space being used as a metaphor for the "more" that you're hearing? I then clicked on the original sized ad, and realized what was going on. While the white space may very well be a metaphor, the key element of the ad is only visible in its large size.

Well, I'll let you see for yourself:





They're a little boring, but I kind of like the simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment