Thursday, June 10, 2010

Kraft Dinner's "You know you love it"

So I'm a big fan of Crispin Porter + Bogusky's work, but their latest campaign for Kraft Dinner bugs me.

Is it just me or does the slogan "You know you love it" sound a little like Cheez Whiz's "You know you want it"? And while I realize that Cheez Whiz is also a Kraft product, I guess I was still hoping for a little more originality.

Despite my annoyance with the slogan, the ads are alright. Below is one of their tv spots featuring a kid who got a timeout for a "minor dinner table infraction." He explains this to the camera as his dad eats KD right off the little boy's plate. The spot ends with the kid asking his dad "Have you had enough?" The plot is merely alright, but the casting is great. That kid is more sarcastic than House.

..Okay maybe not House, but you get the point.

1 comment: